change a users password

How do you change a users password in the We Connect portal if you do not know their previous password.

This person is out of town and the stand in receptionist needs to login.

Best Answers

• Carmen BlancCarmen Blanc Purchase, New YorkAdministrator admin
    Accepted Answer

Hi @jgutierrez:

You never said which password you were looking for so I will assume you are looking for their portal password. I suggest you call into Customer Care for a manual reset. They can also help set up another authorized user on the account for the stand-in or new Admin.

Accepted Answer

@jgutierrez:

Users who have forgotten their passwords can easily reset their passwords by using the "Having Trouble Logging in" link on the log in page.

Then walk through the password reset steps...

The system will send a reset link to the users registered email account...

Answers

Hi @jgutierrez:

Not sure if you have already resolved this but are you looking for their phone password or their portal password?

• I did not get the answer to this question. We needed to change the users Portal password while logged in as administrators.

• We have tried changing user WE.Windstream.com passwords but are unable, event logged in as Administrators. Some users do not remember their original OfficeSuite passwords so we are trying to get their accounts completely reset. Do you know of a way to completely reset the account so the users have a all new account password?

• Jacob_MessinaJacob_Messina Southampton, NYMember

Im looking for an answer for this as well!

I want to be able to reset someone's password from the administrator portal but cant figure out how to do it. If I impersonate a user, i need to know their old password (which neither myself or the user knows).

is there a way to do this without having the user go to the log in screen and click the forgot password link themselves?