How To: Repoint/Reroute a Toll Free Number
Download full Toll Free Management User Guide here:
You may manage your Windstream Toll Free service within the WE Connect Portal. This process makes it easy to manage the service on your Windstream account, online. This functionality does require permissions. Administrators may manage this service and may grant access to other users.
- This functionality is not currently available for all customers or accounts. If your account does not have this feature it will not appear as a selection on your menu.
- If a location is not present in the list of accounts, that means the function is not yet available to that service area.
- You may reach out to our Care team via Chat for additional support.
NAVIGATING TO TOLL FREE SERVICE FEATURES:
From the Dashboard, click Services > Product > Toll Free.
The Toll Free Service menu path lands on a page displaying Toll Free lines by billing account. This landing page makes it easy to manage Windstream Enterprise Toll Free service with action icons.
- Change the account displayed.
- Buy new Toll Free numbers.
- View a history of Toll Free changes.
- Export the displayed routing report to an Excel file.
- Change the destination of a Toll Free line’s Ring-To-Number (RTN).
- Filter the display by Toll Free NPA, NXX, or Station Number.
This Toll Free Management function allows you to change the ring-to number on an existing Toll Free Number on your Windstream Enterprise.
- Select the bill to account where the Toll Free number you want to repoint resides.
- Select the toggle between managing a Single Number Repoint or Multi Number Repoint.
- Select the number(s) you wish to manage.
- Select the toggle between the different routing selections. Only selections available on the number will be displayed.
- Ring to Number is the most common.
- Ring to Number with Flex DNIS must be pre-established on the account. If you do not have this pre-established, please contact Care at 800-600-5050 or use the Chat icon at the bottom right.
- Enhanced Routing Schema must be pre-established on the account. If you do not have this pre-established, please contact Care at 800-600-5050 or use the Chat icon at the bottom right.
- Hit -> Next to move to the next step.
6. Hit -> Submit to commit the change.
The status of the change is shown in the right column. A green check means the update is complete and the new routing setting is updated in the Windstream Enterprise network.