OfficeSuite Voicemail Quick Reference Guide
For First Time Users Who Need to Initialize their Voicemail box
1. Login to the WE Connect portal. Create your PIN for your extension. You will be prompted if you want it as your VM passcode too, check the box to select “yes”.
2. You may also set or change your voicemail passcode by clicking Settings In the “My Voicemail” widget on your OfficeSuite dashboard in WE Connect.
3. Press the VM key on your OfficeSuite phone (see below if you don’t have a phone)
4. Because it’s your first time accessing your mailbox, the voice prompts will guide you through setting it up:
a. You will be prompted to record your name announcement and your personal greeting. End each recording by pressing the pound key (#) to save.
b. You will also be prompted to set your VM passcode again and you may elect to change it or enter the same one you created in the WE Connect portal.
5. At the “My Call Forwarding” widget in the WE Connect portal, ensure that your call forwarding is set to Voicemail after the desired number of rings. Save.
To Access Your Voicemail Remotely
1. First, in the WE Connect portal, ensure your call forwarding is set to cover to voicemail.
2. Dial your own telephone number (DID) and wait for the call to cover to voicemail.
3. Interrupt the voicemail greeting with “*” (star key).
4. At the prompt, enter your voicemail passcode, optionally, press the pound key (#).
a. If this is your first time initializing your VM box, follow the instructions above beginning with number 4.
NOTE: OfficeSuite administrators may also configure an auto attendant to allow both deposit and retrieval of voice messages. If this is configured, call the auto attendant, then press the key corresponding to voicemail access. You are prompted to enter your extension and then your Voicemail passcode.
Voicemail Main Menu
After accessing your voicemail box, you will be presented with these Main Menu options:
· Press 1 Listen to Messages
· Press 2 Send a Message
· Press 9 User Options
· Press 0 Help
· Press * (star) Disconnect/Hang-up
Note: If new messages arrive while you are logged into your mailbox, pressing * does not disconnect the call. Instead, the system informs you of the new message arrival and plays the message inventory.
Listening to Messages
1. From the Main Menu, press 1.
2. Select one of these options:
· Press 1 Replay Current Message
· Press 2 Save Current Message
· Press 3 Delete Current Message
· Press 4 Reply to Current Message
· Press 5 Forward a Copy of Current Message
· Press 6 Message Information
· Press 7 Play Previous Message
· Press # Play Next Message Press 0 Help
Message Navigation used while a playing a message
· Press 7 Rewind
· Press 8 Pause
· Press 9 Fast Forward
· Press # Message Menu
Send a Message
1. From the Main Menu, press 2.
2. At the prompt, dial an extension or a Voicemail group number, or dial by name.
3. Press # after each destination number. Add as many destination numbers you wish. After the last destination number and #, press # again to begin recording your message.
4. When you have finished your message, press #.
· Press 1 Send Message
· Press 2 Re-Record Message
· Press 3 Review Message
· Press 4 Mark Message Urgent
· Press 5 Add Recipients
· Press 6 Mark Message Private
· Press # Send Press * Cancel, Return, Main Menu
· Press 0 Help
Forwarding a Message
1. While listening to messages, press 5 to forward to another recipient.
2. At the prompt, dial the extension number of the message recipient(s) terminated by #.
3. After the tone, record an introductory message. When you are finished, press #.
4. Press #1 and the message will be forwarded to the recipients.
Editing User Options
1. From the Main Menu, press 9.
2. Select one of these options:
· Press 1 Manage your Greetings and Name Recording
· Press 2 Change Your Passcode or Login Options
· Press 3 Change What Information is Played at the Start of Each Message
· Press 4 Change Call Answering Options and Select Active Greeting
· Press # Main Menu
· Press 0 Help
SETTING UP HOW YOU RECEIVE VOICEMAIL MESSAGES AND NOTIFICATIONS
To set up how you’d like to receive your messages from the WE Connect portal, click on Voicemail Settings on the My Voicemail widget and check the box for Enable Voicemail Notifications and select your preference and enter the email address of where you would like to receive messages.
Note: For compliance purposes, some OfficeSuite administrators deny the ability to send VM messages via email. Check with your admin if that option is absent from your settings.
CHECKING VOICEMAIL ONLINE
You can check your voicemail right from the portal. Click on Voicemail from the My Voicemail widget. There you can listen to, sort, save, delete, or forward messages.
Download a copy of this guide:
The Windstream Enterprise Community is a community of real people who collaborate on answers, solutions, and ideas about the Windstream Enterprise products and services they use. We invite you to become a member, but we do have a few rules. For everyone's sake, we are committed to enforcing these guidelines, as well as our community vendor's Terms of Service.
People will respect you more, engage with you more often, and treat you like a real person if you use your actual identity here. While not mandatory, it does help us identify accounts when we try to provide answers to specific questions.
We are into transparency, honesty, and truth. Do not misrepresent yourself or lie about your identity, affiliations, or age. Our community is based on the contributions of real people who put their reputations on the line. Be one of them.
Have (Good, Clean) Fun
We encourage the spirit of fun, so long as it does not hurt other people. Please do not use jokes, words or images that come at the expense of others. Be sensitive to other users around you, and do not post profane, sexual, or violent material.
Be Constructive with Your Criticism
The idea here is to foster healthy conversation and debate without ever attacking anyone personally. We take all questions, suggestions, and feedback seriously and will respond accordingly and so should you.
Spread the Wealth
Make our community a richer place by sharing your experience and insight. You may have the perfect answer to someone else's burning question. This is the substance of the Windstream Enterprise Community.
It is okay to talk up the products or services you love (or sell), but only if it is relevant to the conversation. If you are here to plant a ton of links to your Web site without doing much else, your posts are likely to be removed by a moderator.
Do Not Wrongfully Post Content
Make sure you have the right to publish any content you post to the Windstream Enterprise Community, and do not violate the privacy of others.
Be Fruitful, but Do Not Multiply
Do not create multiple accounts to violate these guidelines, game the system, or harass and deceive other users.
Trolls are users whose primary goal is to disrupt the community, attack other users, antagonize community managers, and are never interested in a productive outcome. If you engage in troll behavior, we will ask you to leave the Windstream Enterprise Community.
We are Here to Help
If you have questions or issues, we are always available to help you. Please call us at 1-888-600-5050.