How to: Schedule Meetings for Others in HD Meeting.
HD Meeting allows you to schedule meetings for another person so that an Assistant can schedule meetings for an executive. First, a host has to give permission for another HD Meeting host to schedule meetings on their behalf. By giving another host scheduling privileges, you make them an alternative host for all your meetings which also allows them to schedule meetings for you.
Scheduling privileges can only be assigned to an active HD Meeting host and they must have an assigned license and be on the same HD Meeting account.
One administrative assistant can have permission to schedule meetings for multiple executives, if the permissions are set up by the executives who wish to have the assistant schedule meetings on their behalf.
To set up Scheduling Privileges:
The Executive will need to access their HD Meeting Settings on the website
- Scroll towards bottom of page:
- Go to Scheduling Privilege (Pic 1)
- To add “Assistants” to have permission, click the plus sign. Enter Assistant’s HD Meeting user login (which is an email address), click assign (Pic 2)
- If Assistant was given permission by other users in the company then you will see the “Executive” that gave you permission to schedule – in the “I can schedule for” section (Pic 3)
If an Executive wants to add scheduling privileges to multiple Assistants they would follow the same instructions. Be sure to enter a comma between HD Meeting user logins or email addresses.
From the Meetings Page:
- Once privileges are set up, “Assistant” can also access previous meetings and upcoming meetings for the “Executive (s)” they have permission for
- Click the All drop down to see other users you have permissions for
How to schedule for your “Executive”:
There are two ways to schedule meetings for others
1. “Assistant” can use the desktop app
- Click Schedule (Pic 1)
- Click Advanced Options dropdown (Pic 2)
- Check box to Schedule for, choose from dropdown which “Executive”, check any other appropriate boxes for the meeting, click schedule (Pic 3)
2. “Assistant” can also schedule from the HD Meeting website
- Click Meetings (Pic 1)
- Schedule a New Meeting (Pic 1)
- Scroll towards bottom of page and expand Advanced Settings and choose “Executive” To schedule for and click save (Pic 2)
- To edit the meeting go to Meetings and choose the meeting (Pic 1).
- Scroll to bottom of page and click Edit this Meeting (Pic 2)
- Make any changes to the Meeting and Click Save at bottom of page (Pic 3)
To add to your calendar select a calendar option and it will prompt to download it. (In the pic below I chose Outlook Calendar)
Open the calendar download. It will show all the details of the Executive’s HD Meeting info. Make any necessary change and click Save and Close.
In the example below, an HD meeting invite was sent to participant, Steve. HD meeting login credentials are based on Brian’s HD meeting. The invite showed up in Steve’s calendar and the host’s calendar that did the scheduling. It did not show up in Brian’s calendar, but Brian will get an email stating a meeting was scheduled on his behalf.
Even though the invite did not show up in Brian's calendar, the new meeting did show up in Brian's upcoming meetings tab:
If the person scheduling ("Assistant") of the meeting wants the host to have a calendar invite at the same time, then that person MUST include the host ("Executive") in the calendar invite so both participants and host will receive the calendar invite.
The Host can now view upcoming meetings for the Host they have Scheduling Privileges for in the Desktop app and the Mobile App
In the Desktop app, select Meetings and you will see not only your upcoming meetings but also the meetings of the Host that assigned you Scheduling Privileges. (Pic 1)
The Host can also filter the meetings by Host by Clicking on the "Meetings hosted by" drop down. (Pic 2)
In the Desktop app:
Select Meetings and you will see not only your upcoming meetings but also the meetings of the Host that assigned you Scheduling Privileges. (Pic 1)
The Host can also filter the meetings by designated Host by Clicking on the "Meetings hosted by" drop down. (Pic 2)
The designated Host can also view upcoming meetings of the Host they have Scheduling Privileges for in the Meet & Chat page on the Mobile App (IOS Example) (Pics 1).
Hosts can also select the "Meetings" tab and see upcoming meetings of the other Host. (Pic 2).
The Host can also filter the meetings by designated Host, by selecting the "Meetings Hosted by" drop down. Then choosing the Host you want to filter by. (Pic 3).