Virtual Backgrounds Using a Green Screen.
The Virtual Background feature allows you to display an image as your background during a meeting. This feature works best with a physical green screen and uniform lighting to allow HD Meeting to detect the difference between you and your background. You can upload you own images to use as your virtual background.
- HD Meeting Windows Desktop Client, version 4.3 or higher
- Supported processors
- Intel 2 cores with 2.0 Ghz or higher (i5/i7 or AND equivalent) processor
- AMD Ryzen 5/7/9 or higher
- HD Meeting MAC Desktop Client, version 4.3 or higher
- Supported processors
- 2 cores, 2Ghz or higher (i5/i7 or AMD equivalent) processor
- To achieve the best virtual background effect, use a solid color background, preferably green. Recommended physical green screens from Webaround or Amazon
- Use uniform lighting and color
- Do not wear clothing that is the same color as the virtual background
- There is no size restriction when adding you own virtual backgrounds, but we recommend cropping the image to match the aspect ratio of you camera before uploading it. Example: if your camera is set to 16:9, an image of 1280 by 720 pixels or 1920 by 1080 pixels would work well.
- If you’re not sure about your camera aspect ratio, use a background image with a minimum resolution of 1280 by 720 pixels.
- Browse some virtual backgrounds using these sources for royalty-free images: Pexels, Unsplash, Pixaby
ENABLING VIRTUAL BACKGROUND
Note: Users must sign out of the HD Meeting Desktop Client and sign back in for Virtual Backgrounds to take effect.
To enable the Virtual Background feature on your user profile:
- Sign into the HD Meeting web portal
- In the navigation menu click Settings
- In the Meeting tab, navigate to the Virtual Background option (under the In Meeting (Advanced) section) and verify that the setting is enabled.
- If the setting is disabled, click the status toggle to enable it
- If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at the group or account level, and you will need to contact your company’s HD Meeting Administrator
USING VIRTUAL BACKGROUND
1 . Sign into the HD Meeting desktop client
2 . Click your profile picture, then click settings
3 . Select Virtual Background
4. Check I have a green screen if you have a physical green screen set up. You can then click on your video to select the correct color for the green screen.
5. Click on an image to select the desired virtual background or add your own image by clicking + and choosing if you want to upload an image.
- Ensure that you are using a solid background color
- After you select an option, that virtual background will display during your meetings
- To disable Virtual Background, choose the option None
The Windstream Enterprise Community is a community of real people who collaborate on answers, solutions, and ideas about the Windstream Enterprise products and services they use. We invite you to become a member, but we do have a few rules. For everyone's sake, we are committed to enforcing these guidelines, as well as our community vendor's Terms of Service.
People will respect you more, engage with you more often, and treat you like a real person if you use your actual identity here. While not mandatory, it does help us identify accounts when we try to provide answers to specific questions.
We are into transparency, honesty, and truth. Do not misrepresent yourself or lie about your identity, affiliations, or age. Our community is based on the contributions of real people who put their reputations on the line. Be one of them.
Have (Good, Clean) Fun
We encourage the spirit of fun, so long as it does not hurt other people. Please do not use jokes, words or images that come at the expense of others. Be sensitive to other users around you, and do not post profane, sexual, or violent material.
Be Constructive with Your Criticism
The idea here is to foster healthy conversation and debate without ever attacking anyone personally. We take all questions, suggestions, and feedback seriously and will respond accordingly and so should you.
Spread the Wealth
Make our community a richer place by sharing your experience and insight. You may have the perfect answer to someone else's burning question. This is the substance of the Windstream Enterprise Community.
It is okay to talk up the products or services you love (or sell), but only if it is relevant to the conversation. If you are here to plant a ton of links to your Web site without doing much else, your posts are likely to be removed by a moderator.
Do Not Wrongfully Post Content
Make sure you have the right to publish any content you post to the Windstream Enterprise Community, and do not violate the privacy of others.
Be Fruitful, but Do Not Multiply
Do not create multiple accounts to violate these guidelines, game the system, or harass and deceive other users.
Trolls are users whose primary goal is to disrupt the community, attack other users, antagonize community managers, and are never interested in a productive outcome. If you engage in troll behavior, we will ask you to leave the Windstream Enterprise Community.
We are Here to Help
If you have questions or issues, we are always available to help you. Please call us at 1-888-600-5050.