Virtual Backgrounds Using a Green Screen.
The Virtual Background feature allows you to display an image as your background during a meeting. This feature works best with a physical green screen and uniform lighting to allow HD Meeting to detect the difference between you and your background. You can upload you own images to use as your virtual background.
- HD Meeting Windows Desktop Client, version 4.3 or higher
- Supported processors
- Intel 2 cores with 2.0 Ghz or higher (i5/i7 or AND equivalent) processor
- AMD Ryzen 5/7/9 or higher
- HD Meeting MAC Desktop Client, version 4.3 or higher
- Supported processors
- 2 cores, 2Ghz or higher (i5/i7 or AMD equivalent) processor
- To achieve the best virtual background effect, use a solid color background, preferably green. Recommended physical green screens from Webaround or Amazon
- Use uniform lighting and color
- Do not wear clothing that is the same color as the virtual background
- There is no size restriction when adding you own virtual backgrounds, but we recommend cropping the image to match the aspect ratio of you camera before uploading it. Example: if your camera is set to 16:9, an image of 1280 by 720 pixels or 1920 by 1080 pixels would work well.
- If you’re not sure about your camera aspect ratio, use a background image with a minimum resolution of 1280 by 720 pixels.
- Browse some virtual backgrounds using these sources for royalty-free images: Pexels, Unsplash, Pixaby
ENABLING VIRTUAL BACKGROUND
Note: Users must sign out of the HD Meeting Desktop Client and sign back in for Virtual Backgrounds to take effect.
To enable the Virtual Background feature on your user profile:
- Sign into the HD Meeting web portal
- In the navigation menu click Settings
- In the Meeting tab, navigate to the Virtual Background option (under the In Meeting (Advanced) section) and verify that the setting is enabled.
- If the setting is disabled, click the status toggle to enable it
- If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at the group or account level, and you will need to contact your company’s HD Meeting Administrator
USING VIRTUAL BACKGROUND
1 . Sign into the HD Meeting desktop client
2 . Click your profile picture, then click settings
3 . Select Virtual Background
4. Check I have a green screen if you have a physical green screen set up. You can then click on your video to select the correct color for the green screen.
5. Click on an image to select the desired virtual background or add your own image by clicking + and choosing if you want to upload an image.
- Ensure that you are using a solid background color
- After you select an option, that virtual background will display during your meetings
- To disable Virtual Background, choose the option None