Windstream Enterprise WE Connect Windows Desktop Release Notes - Most Recent Version
Moving forward, Windstream will be publishing the version number and release notes of the OfficeSuite Desktop and mobile apps here for easy reference. Any previous versions will be archived in the following category as well.
WE Connect Android version 5.2.9
Our team brings periodic updates to help improve the performance and efficiency of our app. This release contains
- Add E164 Dialing support
- Improve conference calling functionality
- Service Ticket Escalation feature enhancement
- Bug fixes
17 December 2021
Requires Android 5.1 or higher
WE Connect Windows Desktop Release 188.8.131.52
We are excited to announce the following enhancements and fixes for our latest update
- Fixes Softphone audio issue for 4 channel microphones
- Performance enhancements
- Bug fixes related to chat functionality
The newest versions of the WE Connect Desktop apps can be found in the WE Connect Portal in the OfficeSuite Desktop tile. https://we.windstream.com/Support/HelpCenter/Downloads
You can download the newest version directly from here, or a "New Update Available" notification will be going out within the WE connect Desktop apps soon.
WE Connect Windows (V 1.4.6):
In the newest versions of the WE Connect Mobile apps, we have introduced the following updates:
- Interactive Walkthrough – First time user walkthrough to set extension PIN, enable softphone and set start page
- Added Transfer to Voicemail – Transfer a call to a coworker’s voicemail. Transfer to call group voicemails will be added in the future.
- Change CCS status – Set your CCS status from WE Connect apps.
- Do Not Disturb (DND) toggle on the presence page – DND added to presence page for easy access.
- Long press to clear numbers from dial pad (Android) – Long press the delete button to clear numbers.
- Added SD-WAN Site Digest section – Added a bandwidth spiking over 80% section and will add new options over time.
- Added WE Connect U – WE Connect U provides easy access to Admin and User guides.
- Improved support request process
Previous version notes:
WE Connect Windows (V 1.4.3): https://d26xfbrt4l6w6n.cloudfront.net/app/download/officesuite/windows/WEConnectInstaller.exe
- Park / retrieve calls within the WE Connect Apps – Previously, users would have to know the star codes associated with park and retrieve to park and retrieve calls within the apps. Now, users can park and retrieve calls directly from within the WE Connect Desktop and Mobile Apps with the simple to use user interface. Users can choose which park location they would like to park the call, or they can have the system choose a park location for them. For instructions on how to park and retrieve calls from the WE connect apps, click here.
- CCS sign in / sign out – Instead of having to log into the CCS Portal to sign in and out of CCS, users can now select the CCS Settings menu within the WE Connect App to sign in and out of CCS. While the user cannot choose their status yet, the sign in / sign out option screen will allow us to add a choose status feature in the future. To learn more about how to sign in and out of CCS using the WE Connect apps, click here.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
- Global shortcut keys - Added global shortcut keys support for Answering the call (Ctrl + Alt + Shift + a), hanging up the call(Ctrl + Alt + Shift + h), mute/unmute the active call (Ctrl + Alt + Shift + M), Bring focus to the app (Ctrl + Alt + Shift + W) . Shortcut keys can be enabled from System tray > Right Click WE app > Settings > Shortcut keys. For more information on how to turn on shortcut keys, click here.
- Voicemail page network improvements - Address issue with voicemail screen going blank on network interruption.
- Call logs page network improvements - Address issue with screen getting stuck on call logs spinner on network connectivity resume.
- Remember username fix - Fix for remember username not working in login page after first user login.
- Improved app scaling for a more customized feel - Reduced the minimum height allowed to support 200% scaling of display
- Improved audio quality during a softphone call - Implemented enhanced echo cancellation for headset and Bluetooth devices. Will also use hardware echo cancellation if available on the system.
- Remove dependency on availability of Windows media player to play voicemail. (Microsoft made it optional feature in windows)
- General enhancements and bug fixes
- Integration of Microsoft Office 365 personal contacts directory - Now you can sync your Office 365 personal contacts directly into the WE Connect Desktop app so that you can call or send an SMS (when available) to your personal Office 365 contacts.
- Changing your extension PIN bug fix - Previously there was a bug where if you changed your extension PIN from within the Desktop app, you would receive an error. This issue has been resolved.
- Call quality enhancements - Fixes call quality issues on Softphone for some users
- Performance and bug fixes
The Windstream Enterprise Community is a community of real people who collaborate on answers, solutions, and ideas about the Windstream Enterprise products and services they use. We invite you to become a member, but we do have a few rules. For everyone's sake, we are committed to enforcing these guidelines, as well as our community vendor's Terms of Service.
People will respect you more, engage with you more often, and treat you like a real person if you use your actual identity here. While not mandatory, it does help us identify accounts when we try to provide answers to specific questions.
We are into transparency, honesty, and truth. Do not misrepresent yourself or lie about your identity, affiliations, or age. Our community is based on the contributions of real people who put their reputations on the line. Be one of them.
Have (Good, Clean) Fun
We encourage the spirit of fun, so long as it does not hurt other people. Please do not use jokes, words or images that come at the expense of others. Be sensitive to other users around you, and do not post profane, sexual, or violent material.
Be Constructive with Your Criticism
The idea here is to foster healthy conversation and debate without ever attacking anyone personally. We take all questions, suggestions, and feedback seriously and will respond accordingly and so should you.
Spread the Wealth
Make our community a richer place by sharing your experience and insight. You may have the perfect answer to someone else's burning question. This is the substance of the Windstream Enterprise Community.
It is okay to talk up the products or services you love (or sell), but only if it is relevant to the conversation. If you are here to plant a ton of links to your Web site without doing much else, your posts are likely to be removed by a moderator.
Do Not Wrongfully Post Content
Make sure you have the right to publish any content you post to the Windstream Enterprise Community, and do not violate the privacy of others.
Be Fruitful, but Do Not Multiply
Do not create multiple accounts to violate these guidelines, game the system, or harass and deceive other users.
Trolls are users whose primary goal is to disrupt the community, attack other users, antagonize community managers, and are never interested in a productive outcome. If you engage in troll behavior, we will ask you to leave the Windstream Enterprise Community.
We are Here to Help
If you have questions or issues, we are always available to help you. Please call us at 1-888-600-5050.