NEW! Contact Center Services v6.3.
The OfficeSuite UC Contact Center Services (CCS) platform is receiving another major upgrade with Release v6.3. Below is a summary of the updates included with this release.
New ‘Monitor Point’ Configuration for Extensions
We are introducing a new term for calls called a ‘monitor point’. A monitor point refers to the ability for a call to be recorded.
As a refresher, recording eligibility for a call is derived in two ways:
Inbound call recording-eligibility is determined by the customer identifying specific inbound phone numbers (DIDs) that can be recorded. All inbound calls to these DIDs will cross the ‘monitor point’, and when the call is routed to an extension with an Extension Call Recording (ECR) license, that inbound call becomes recording eligible. These DIDs were selected when your service was initially provisioned, but more numbers can be added with a MAC order if desired.
For outbound calls, there will now be multiple options for determining whether the call is recording eligible.
Monitor point configuration
- This is a new extension-level configuration option from v6.3 that Tenant Admins can control within the CCS portal. The Tenant Admin can configure an ECR extension to force all that extension’s outbound calls across the ‘monitor point’, regardless of that extension's specific dialing behavior. This prevents users from accidentally or intentionally bypassing the ability to be recorded and is the recommended configuration for all ECR extensions. All new CCS customers with ECR provisioned after 7/29/19 will have this setting available to them with v6.3. Existing customers will need to submit a MAC order in order to expose this particular setting.
- In the ‘Edit Extension’ window (shown above), the Tenant Admin would select Yes under “Include a monitor point in all of this extension’s outbound calls”. Both Mandatory and On Demand ECR extensions can benefit from this new setting.
'8+' Dial Plan
- If you would prefer not to use this extension-level monitor point configuration, you can instead use the old default dial plan. With each individual outbound call, the extension must start their dialing with an '8', which will invoke the monitor point and the ability for that call to be recorded. This would be required on both Mandatory and On Demand Call Recording outbound calls.
Call Marking for Queues
Call Marking is a great feature that allows users to mark a specific segment of a recorded call, like a customer purchase decision or complaint, making that segment of the call easier to find for future purposes. This feature was previously only supported on ECR-recorded calls, but with v6.3 we are now expanding this functionality to CCS-Contact Center queue-recorded calls.
Pricing for Call Marking will remain the same regardless of whether it is being used for CCS-Contact Center, ECR, or both. Any customer with Contact Center and ECR who already has Call Marking for ECR, will automatically be able to use this feature for their queue calls.
SFTP Report Delivery
CCS offers an optional SFTP service that provides overnight delivery of all your call recordings from that day. With v6.3, we are expanding the functionality of this SFTP service by allowing customers to deliver scheduled reports to this same SFTP directory. Now, any scheduled report for Inbound Voice Queues, Outbound Voice Queues, or Agent Performance can be delivered to the SFTP directory. If you have already purchased the SFTP service for call recordings, you will automatically receive the ability to transfer these scheduled reports to the same SFTP directory.
CCS-Contact Center allows the Tenant Admin to set multiple thresholds on Agents and Queues to help identify when certain activity is taking place. With v6.3, we’ve enhanced the utility of these thresholds to provide more visual alerts on the Admin’s Dashboard panels, helping you take quicker action if a call is going unanswered, an Agent is under performing, or if a Queue is becoming too full. These thresholds with new alerts include:
- Fill Warning and Fill Alert (queue capacity)
- Waiting Alert (unanswered calls in queue)
- Talk Time Alert (time the Agent is on the phone)
A combination of yellow flashing for warnings being crossed and/or red flashing for alerts being crossed will be visible on the CCS tabs and Dashboard panels, depending on what screens and panels the Admin currently has open in the portal.
API & Events
With v6.3, we are now offering API & Events functionality for CCS. This will allow you to subscribe to Event notifications (Agent, Queue, and Call events) and perform select API action calls. This is a great opportunity to custom build solutions that fit your unique business needs. Please contact your account manager with any questions about getting started with the CCS API.
Standardizing Target Assignments for ACDs
We’ve standardized some terms related to the selection of ACD targets, regardless of application, to help simplify how they are configured within the Tenant. There will now be three target options for an ACD: ‘Another ACD’, ‘Dial’, and ‘Disconnect’.
- Another ACD: An ACD can include a Queue, Conditional Route, or Voice Response Question. When selecting another ACD, we’ve also removed the ACD you’re currently configuring from the list of options. This prevents a Queue from targeting itself and creating a loop.
- Dial: Selecting ‘Dial’ will prompt the user to enter a number for the ACD to be redirected to.
- Disconnect: Selecting this will result in CCS simply hanging up that call.
Improvements to Completed Events|Agent State Changes
Once a report has been run, the Admin can now sort by Time order instead of grouping by Agent only. New event states (On a Queue Call and Wrap Up) and color coding have also been added to help the Admin better understand what is occurring with their Agents.
The Agent State Changes report is now easier to operate. Queues have been added as a new report search parameter, which allows the Admin to select a Queue and automatically pull in every Agent assigned to that Queue instead of manually selecting each individual Agent of a certain Queue from memory.