How to Order and Install the WE Connect PC Softphone
NOTE: This article is intended for WE Connect users. If you are currently using the MyOfficeSuite Portal, click here.
The WE Connect PC Softphone is an additional feature built into the WE Connect Desktop App that allows you to make and receive calls directly from within the WE Connect Desktop app.
Ordering the WE Connect PC Softphone
1. Login to the WE Connect Portal.
2. Go to Services >> Products >> OfficeSuite
3. From the OfficeSuite pop out, select PC Softphones
4. Select the Buy button in the top right of the screen
5. Choose the user you want to assign the license to from the Select User drop down menu. If you do not want to assign a user, you may select Unspecified from the drop down list to assign them later.
6. Select the Add User button if you would like to order multiple licenses at once.
7. Choose the billing address from the Select Associated Billing Address drop down list. this is the location that the billing for the softphone licenses will be applied to.
8. Scroll down and select the Submit Order button.
9. A welcome letter will be sent to the end user informing them that they have been assigned a PC Softphone license
How to Install the WE Connect OfficeSuite Desktop app and Enable the PC Softphone
1. Download the WE Connect OfficeSuite Desktop app from the WE Connect Downloads page: https://we.windstream.com/Support/HelpCenter/AppGallery
2. Use your WE Connect username and password to login to the WE Connect Mobile App. If your account has Single Sign On enabled, you can sign in using the Sign on with Another Provider link. This will redirect you to your company’s sign in screen.
3. Once logged in, select the phone icon in the top left of the screen.
4. You will be prompted with a pop up to change your emergency 911 address. This will be the address that emergency services will arrive at if you dial 911. It is recommended to select Yes to ensure that your address is up to date in the web page that opens.
5. Once you have updated your PC Softphone e911 address, the phone icon will change to green indicating that the WE Connect OfficeSuite Desktop app is ready to make and receive softphone calls.
The Windstream Enterprise Community is a community of real people who collaborate on answers, solutions, and ideas about the Windstream Enterprise products and services they use. We invite you to become a member, but we do have a few rules. For everyone's sake, we are committed to enforcing these guidelines, as well as our community vendor's Terms of Service.
People will respect you more, engage with you more often, and treat you like a real person if you use your actual identity here. While not mandatory, it does help us identify accounts when we try to provide answers to specific questions.
We are into transparency, honesty, and truth. Do not misrepresent yourself or lie about your identity, affiliations, or age. Our community is based on the contributions of real people who put their reputations on the line. Be one of them.
Have (Good, Clean) Fun
We encourage the spirit of fun, so long as it does not hurt other people. Please do not use jokes, words or images that come at the expense of others. Be sensitive to other users around you, and do not post profane, sexual, or violent material.
Be Constructive with Your Criticism
The idea here is to foster healthy conversation and debate without ever attacking anyone personally. We take all questions, suggestions, and feedback seriously and will respond accordingly and so should you.
Spread the Wealth
Make our community a richer place by sharing your experience and insight. You may have the perfect answer to someone else's burning question. This is the substance of the Windstream Enterprise Community.
It is okay to talk up the products or services you love (or sell), but only if it is relevant to the conversation. If you are here to plant a ton of links to your Web site without doing much else, your posts are likely to be removed by a moderator.
Do Not Wrongfully Post Content
Make sure you have the right to publish any content you post to the Windstream Enterprise Community, and do not violate the privacy of others.
Be Fruitful, but Do Not Multiply
Do not create multiple accounts to violate these guidelines, game the system, or harass and deceive other users.
Trolls are users whose primary goal is to disrupt the community, attack other users, antagonize community managers, and are never interested in a productive outcome. If you engage in troll behavior, we will ask you to leave the Windstream Enterprise Community.
We are Here to Help
If you have questions or issues, we are always available to help you. Please call us at 1-888-600-5050.