How to order and install the OfficeSuite PC / MAC Softphone from within the MyOfficeSuite Portal
How to Order and Setup the PC Softphone from within the MyOfficeSuite Portal
To use the PC Softphone, you must first have a PC Softphone license assigned to you. To assign yourself a license:
1. Login as a system administrator in the MyOfficeSuite Portal.
2. Go to the OfficeSuite Licenses page. You can reach the OfficeSuite Licenses page by selecting Phone System >> OfficeSuite Licenses
3. On the OfficeSuite License page, select the Buy button in the PC Softphones row.
4. In the drop down list labelled Select, choose the user you want to assign the license to. If you would like to add multiple licenses, select Add another PC Softphone user to add additional drop down boxes.
5. Once you have selected all the users you wish to add PC Softphone licenses for, select SUBMIT ORDER. Once saved, you will see the confirmation pop up shown below and both the system administrator and the user who was assigned the license will receive an email notification containing information on how to setup the PC Softphone. Now you are ready to download your PC Softphone.
To download and setup the PC Softphone:
1. While logged into the MyOfficeSuite Portal, go to the App Gallery page and select the Get it Now button with the OfficeSuite Softphone tile.
2. You will be redirected to a Community page that hosts both the PC and Mac versions of the OfficeSuite Softphone. Select the correct version for your operating system.
3. After downloading the software, run the program on your computer and open the program after it is installed.
4. You will be presented with an installation wizard. Follow the instructions through the install wizard to download and install the PC Softphone on your desktop.
5. Once installed, select the search icon in your Windows menu and search for “MyOfficeSuite Softphone”. Double click the app labelled MyOfficeSuite Softphone.
6. On the MyOfficeSuite Softphone screen, enter the MyOfficeSuite username and password associated with your PC Softphone license and select the Sign In button.
7. On your first login, you will be presented with a request for a license key. You can find your license key within the activation email that is sent or via the MyOfficeSuite Portal.
a. In the MyOfficeSuite Portal, go to Signed in as <USERNAME> >> MyAccount Settings
b. Scroll down to and expand the PC Softphone section. Here your PC Softphone licenses and the username associated with each PC Softphone will be listed
8. Once you have your license key, paste it into the Enter Your License Keys textbox at the top of the screen and select the Add button. After you have added your license key, it will be displayed in the license key table. Select Done.
9. Once you have entered your license key, you will be prompted to update your enhanced 911 (E-911) address. Your E-911 address is sent to emergency services if 911 is called from the PC Softphone. Select Yes to verify and update your address.
10. You will be displayed the address that is currently listed as your e-911 address. To edit the address, select the Change Address button.
11. Fill in the address you would like the change your e-911 address to in the form displayed on the screen. Your previous addresses will be displayed across the top of the screen to easily change it to a previously used address. Once finished, select Save Address.