Here you will find General Info on all OfficeSuite® UC products and features. Need more details? Want to ask your own question? Just register and become a member!

How do I set up how calls are handled when I cannot answer the phone?

edited March 2017 in General Info

Watch this quick video or follow the steps below.

To set-up Call Coverage, follow these steps:

1. Select My Call Coverage in the navigation pane.
  2. Select one of the following options:
    • My Voicemail
    • My Auto Attendant
    • My Co-worker
    • Another Phone Number
  3. If you selected My Auto Attendant, choose an auto attendant from the drop-down list. If you selected My Co-Worker, choose a co-worker from the drop-down list. If you selected Another Phone Number, enter a phone number for call coverage.
  4. Choose the number of rings.
  5. Click Save.

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Please note that "My Call Coverage" is now "My Call Handling" in the OfficeSuite website.
  • edited March 2016
    Hi, If I have this option set up, but then I cannot pick up the forwarded phone, does the caller get sent back to the original voicemail options or is the voicemail left on the redirected number? Thanks, Jennifer
  • edited March 2017
    Hi Jennifer, thank you for your post. It depends on how you have the call coverage set up. You can create special call groups that return the call if the intended person doesn't pick up. We recently answered a similar question in another post. Click here to review that post. Hope that helps.